Secondary School Musicians! Be part of the Melbourne Conservatorium All-State Band!
- Conducted by Kevin Cameron (MCM Wind Symphony) and Ingrid Martin (#rawVYSO, Blackburn High School)
- Instrument sectionals with some of Australia’s most notable teachers and performers
- Perform at the Melbourne Recital Centre, one of the most prestigious concert stages in the country. Apply now!
Under the baton of conductors Kevin Cameron and Ingrid Martin, and with tutorial guidance from Melbourne Conservatorium of Music performance staff, be part of Victoria’s All-State Band. Rehearse from 12 – 13 May at the MCM’s Southbank campus, and perform at the Melbourne Recital Centre as part of the MCM Wind Symphony Day on Saturday May 19 alongside MCM students. This is a wonderful opportunity to play with other young wind, brass and percussion players from all over Australia.
WHO CAN APPLY
The All-State Band program is open to applicants from years 7 – 12, with a minimum standard of AMEB Grade 5. 70 students will be selected on the basis of audition. Instruments included are: flute, oboe, bassoon, Bb clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabass clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, French horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, double bass and percussion.
- Audition fee: $20 (this fee will be deducted from the full course cost if your application is successful)
- Full cost of program: $199
- Applications open: 1 March
- Applications close: 31 March
- If you have any enquiries, please contact email@example.com
All applicants must submit a recorded video audition. The requirements are as follows:
- Two excerpts of contrasting pieces, with a combined length of no longer than 4 minutes.
- Pieces may be performed without accompaniment
- Chosen pieces should show a range of dynamics, technique and expression
- Pieces should be of a AMEB (or equivalent) Grade 5 standard or above
- A one-minute spoken response to the question ‘What do you love about making music?’
Please make sure you provide a good quality recording to best represent your playing.
Please note: Mark your videos as ‘Unlisted’, not ‘Private’, so we may have access to view them.
Upload your recorded audition to youtube.com, and copy the link into the application form.