13 September 2020, 2 – 5.30pm
The Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music at Monash University warmly invites high school and tertiary wind players, and wind enthusiasts of all ages and levels to participate in an afternoon of collaboration, conversation and masterclasses with a great line-up of inspiring artists. Our Woodwind Day is a great opportunity to get some feedback on VCE and AMEB repertoire, to hone your audition skills and to benefit from the insights of some top performers and teachers.
We will also explore some fresh ideas for collaborating and creating music online. We offer the following free open masterclass and warm-up activities:
- Double Reed warm-ups and masterclasses with Anne Gilby, oboe, and Leesa Dean, bassoon
- Flute warm-ups and masterclasses with Peter Sheridan and Lisa-Maree Amos
- Saxophone warm-ups and masterclasses with Niels Bijl and Lachlan Davidson
- Clarinet warm-ups and masterclasses with Nicole Canham
- Special presentation and panel discussion on creative collaboration online with Aviva Endean, Lisa Clarke and student performers from the Monash Clarinet Collective and Tintern Grammar clarinet ensemble.